Does Walker Tracker link to Samsung Watches?
Samsung is unable at this time to allow a direct interface to Walker Tracker from their Samsung Health application. While we'd love to make a direct connection to their system, Samsung doesn't make their platform available to third parties.
If you would like to get your steps into Walker Tracker from your Samsung watch. however, there are options.
1) Manually enter your steps in Walker Tracker
If your program allows for manual entry of steps rather than requiring auto-synchronization, you can use the following instructions to make a manual entry in Walker Tracker at the end of each day based on the step counts you see in Samsung Health
2) Pair Samsung Health to Apple Health or Google Fit and then My Fitness Pal to Walker Tracker
We understand that the Samsung Health application is capable of acting as a data source for Apple Health on iPhones or Google Fit on Androids, which can both sync to Walker Tracker.
This requires using a third party app called Health Sync.
Syncing Samsung Watches through Google Fit
- Download the Samsung Health app.
- Configure your Watch as a data source. You will do this by following the instructions provided by Samsung: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062447/
- Download the third party Health Sync on the Google Play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.appyhapps.healthsync&hl=en_US&gl=US
Note: This is a monetized third party app, and is not affiliated with Walker Tracker.
- Open Health Sync and log in using your Google account. Grant all permissions. Then, follow the app's instructions to connect Samsung Health to the same app.
- Connect Google Fit to Walker Tracker
Activate or Deactivate Apple Health
Syncing Samsung Watches through Apple Health
According to Samsung, you can can connect your Watch using the Gear companion app in iOS 9 or later.Try the following steps to get that set up:
- Pair your Watch with your iPhone if you have not already: Pair a third-party Bluetooth accessory with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
- Download Samsung's Gear companion app from the iOS App Store: Samsung Galaxy Watch (Gear S) on the App Store.
- When you install and set up the Gear companion app, your iPhone should automatically ask if you want to allow it to share data with the Health app per Collect health and fitness data on iPhone - Apple Support.
- Connect Apple Health to Walker Tracker
Activate or Deactivate Apple Healthd
Once connected, your steps from the current day and forward will come over to Walker Tracker.
Note: we cannot guarantee that this will work in every situation and on every mobile device, but it has been a solution for many Samsung users.
Here is the complete list of devices and applications currently compatible with Walker Tracker. Which Devices and Apps Can Link to Walker Tracker